Effective date: Jun 12, 2021
Who we are
Carnexi ("us", "we", or "our") operates the website and the Carnexi mobile application (the "Service").
Carnexi is a UK automotive market place that offers users a service to purchase, trade and/or lease their vehicles with the option of sharing pictures and videos. The users then have the option of commenting on or liking the posts.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your information in line with all applicable laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information from time to time in force, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and 2011 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), and including any amendments or updates to these and any equivalent or successor applicable laws and regulations.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Carnexi is committed to protecting your personal information, being transparent about the data we hold and wherever possible giving you control over how we use it.
It’s important that you read this policy to understand the information we may hold about you, how we use it and how you can access or update your information, modify your preferences or request deletion of your personal data.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
• Email address , username and password – These are used to register your account and place your advert, confirm that your advert has been published and to send you service communications.
• Profile information
• User content – Photos, comments, and other materials.
• Phone number
• Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
• Cookies and Usage Data
• Details of the vehicle you wish to sell.
Please note that if the Vehicle Registration Number is displayed in photographs within your advert then these details may be visible to the App users who may then use them without your authorisation
• Payment details – Any payments will be made via Apple
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data").
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services within the mobile device’s settings. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your device.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
• Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service
• Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings
• Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes
Use of Data
Carnexi uses the collected data for various purposes:
• To provide and maintain the Service
• To notify you about changes to our Service
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
• To provide customer care and support
• To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
• To monitor the usage of the Service
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Carnexi may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• Contract: To enter into a contract with you and fulfil our contractual obligations to you (e.g. to publish your advert). This processing is necessary for us to provide the service you have requested including registering and managing your account and providing service updates and our support services
• Consent: To provide information and take actions in relation to services which you have opted-in to receive. This includes where you specifically request for your details to be passed onto a third party (e.g where you are making an enquiry regarding test drive or a vehicle for sale) or where you opt-in to receive relevant marketing communications from us (e.g. industry news and offers)
• To comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of Carnexi
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Your Rights As A Data Subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. In the event that Carnexi refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing
• Right of portability – in certain circumstances you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing, automated processing or profiling
• Right to complain to the supervisory authority – you have the right to complain as outlined below
Complaints and Contact
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Carnexi (or third parties as described above), or how your complaint has been handled, in the first instance please email your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the UK supervisory authority which is the Information Commissioner’s Office and can be contacted via the details at www.ico.org.uk.